About the Sheriff
The Sheriff is the Chief Law Enforcement officer of the parish. He is also the Ex-Officio Tax Collector for Iberia Parish. As Ex-Officio Tax Collector, the Sheriff is responsible for the collection and distribution of the ad valorem taxes assessed yearly against all property in Iberia Parish.
Other responsibilities of the Sheriff include:
- Maintain law enforcement patrols and investigations.
- Investigate crimes against people and property ]
- Collection and distribution of court fines imposed by the 16th Judicial District Court.
- Collection of traffic fines imposed by our own deputies and the officers of the Louisiana State Police
- Serve and return to the courts all subpoenas, citations, and other court orders; including seizure and sale of movable and immovable property at a public auction.
- Collection and distribution of all garnishments on wages for unpaid debts as ordered by the court.
- Keeper of the jail.
- Provide bailiffs in the court rooms and security for the courts.
The Sheriff and his staff are always available to answer any questions you may have. Feel free to contact us at (337) 369-3714.